Get Exclusive DEALS TO YOUR INBOX
If you’ve ever braced the Australian sun in summer, you’d be fully aware of the damage it can do and how quickly it can do it! Australia has one of the highest levels of UV exposure and highest rates of skin cancer in the world! It’s important to ensure you’re protected all year round, but with the UV intensity through the roof in these coming months, let’s make sure we are doing all the right things to care for our precious skin.
Apart from some of the obvious tips like staying indoors when the UV index is at it’s highest, covering up with hats and clothing, seeking shade when you can – It’s the not so obvious times that we can get caught out, like driving, not applying sunscreen on cloudy or cool days or even just losing track of time and forgetting to reapply our sunscreen.
Top Tips we suggest this Summer
1. Apply a broad spectrum sunscreen EVERY DAY – even the days you don’t think you need it!
2. Don’t forget your lips and feet (if in open shoes or thongs) – If you’ve ever experienced the pain of sunburnt lips or feet you’ll appreciate the reminder!
3. Reapply your sunscreen as per the manufacturers instructions and if you’ve been swimming or sweating. Set a timer on your phone or download the SunSmart App that will set reminders for you!
4. Take an umbrella if you’re heading to a park or to the beach where there’s limited shade.
5. Drink Plenty of water. Staying hydrated helps our skin stay nourished and maintain elasticity. Aim for 2-3 litres a day. Make your drink bottle a part of your routine when you leave in the morning, just like your keys and sunnies!
Your must have sun protection products to get you through this summer without having to reach for the aloe vera soothing gel: