Keeping our wellness in check both physically and mentally should be a priority, especially in the challenging times we are currently facing. Exercising when we can, watching our diet and limiting our intake of sweets and alcohol are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to our health. There are several other factors to consider and simple changes we can make in our daily activities to help benefit our overall wellness. Incorporating essential oils into our lifestyle is one of them.
Do you use cleaners around your house that are filled with harsh, toxic chemicals? Are you using products full of synthetic ingredients to wash your hands? Do you have trouble getting a restful sleep? Essential oils can be used in a plethora of ways to move towards a more natural lifestyle approach.
How can I use essential oils?
Generally speaking, when I think of essential oils, I think of a diffuser or oil burner sitting in the corner of a room quietly working away to make the house smell lovely. What I didn’t realise is that on top of the beautiful aromas produced, the oils were also benefiting my health (in various different ways, depending on the oil being used). Each essential oil has its own unique composition that deliver distinct benefits, you may already recognise Lavender is widely for its soothing, calming properties, while citrus oils are commonly used as cleaning agents and air fresheners. You don’t need to be an expert on essential oils to start your journey.
10 ways to add essential oils to your daily routine
- Add 1-2-drops to a spray bottle of water and mist over lounge, carpets, furniture or curtains for an instant room freshener. Using an oil with purifying properties will help eliminate odors.
- Use as a car air freshener with a USB powered diffuser or simply using 1-2 drops on a cotton ball and placing in your air vents.
- Add a few drops to a warm bath
- Create your own cleaning products, you can even use a couple of drops on a sheet of paper towel and place in the bottom or your garbage bin to mask unwanted odors.
- Add a couple of drops to your fave unfragranced oil or moisturiser (be sure to avoid using on areas around the eyes, broken or irritated skin)
- Insect repellent – Avoid nasty chemicals on your skin and try peppermint or Lemongrass oil on your wrists and ankles. Note* not all oils are safe to apply directly on to the skin without first diluting with a carrier oil. Always check the labels for safety instructions prior to using any essential oils.
- Stay energized and focused in your home office by diffusing an invigorating oil next to your desk – try Pink Grapefruit or Lemon.
- Clear your airways and promote easy breathing by inhaling Tea Tree or Eucalyptus oils.
- Combine with fractionated coconut oil for a calming and soothing massage
- For a restful nights sleep, lightly mist lavender oil on your pillow or place a few drops on a wheat bag to help you relax before bed.
The use of essential oils is so vast and varied, with enormous benefits. Making small changes gradually will have you well on your way to enhancing your overall wellness. Whether it be by reducing the toxins and synthetic products in your home or using your oils aromatically to boost your mood, there is a reason why so many believe and embrace essential oils.
Our friends at Ethical Brand Co. have used essential oils in their haircare range since it’s inception. They are true believers in the benefits of essential oils and have released their very own EverEscents Signature series collection of Certified Organic essential oils. Each scent can be used individually or mixed with others to create your own personal blend, allowing the benefits to suit your specific needs.
EverEscents Organic Bergamot Pure Essential Oil
EverEscents Organic Geranium Pure Essential Oil
EverEscents Organic Lavender Pure Essential Oil
EverEscents Organic Lemon Pure Essential Oil
EverEscents Organic Lemongrass Pure Essential Oil
EverEscents Organic Lime Pure Essential Oil
EverEscents Organic Patchouli Pure Essential Oil
EverEscents Organic Peppermint Pure Essential Oil
EverEscents Organic Pink Grapefruit Pure Essential Oil
EverEscents Organic Rosemary Pure Essential Oil
EverEscents Organic Ylang Ylang Pure Essential Oil